segunda-feira, 21 de abril de 2014

Response to Memento

Memento was a very confusing movie. Not confusing in the sense of "I don't understand what's going in",  but confusing in the sense of how unexpected it was. The whole movie leads the audience (or at least me) to believe that the main character was the victim, that he was being played. The fact that he was the one responsible for creating this whole "labyrinth", this whole "game" was very disappointing. I just really didn't enjoy how the movie ended. 
I thought the way Christopher Nolan played with how time is portrayed and how the main character remembers things was genius, especially because of the fact that the movie is moving backwards. However, the plot itself was not very appealing to me (the fact that people in the class spoiled some parts of it for me might be influencing this decision). 
In general what ruined it for me, I guess, is the fact that throughout the whole movie I was already expecting something bad to happen to the main character. I don't know, it's possible that I am having this strong reaction because it didn't end the way I wanted it to. 
Other than these complaints I thought the idea of him tattooing himself was very interesting, and also the way they changed the color scheme to differentiate when he was remembering things and when he wasn't gave a very interesting touch to the movie. 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário